If your only knowledge of Inglewood is that it’s always up to no good, you haven’t spent much time in the cluster of studio spaces around La Brea and Florence. Relatively cheap rent and easy access to other parts of the city have made that area a hotspot for working artists.
On November 8 and 9, those artists will open their doors for Inglewood Open Studios, a self-guided tour of 12 spaces where more than 60 artists work.
Visit the Inglewood Open Studios website for a map and complete list of artists. The City of Inglewood is providing free shuttles, none of which stop at Randy’s Donuts, regretfully.
also by Keith Plocek
- Art Fair at the O.K. Corral - January 22nd, 2015
- One of L.A.'s Most Important Drawings is in a Corner at MOCA Pacific Design Center - January 11th, 2015
- Surf Riot! - December 20th, 2014
- Art in the Time of Instagram - December 4th, 2014
- Robert Heinecken, Kim Kardashian and Why Art Doesn't Change a Damn Thing - November 14th, 2014