The Getty Museum is showing this remarkable c. 1750 portrait of an opera singer, on loan from a private LA collection, reports William Poundstone in Artinfo. The Getty owns several works by the 18th century portraitist Jean-Étienne Liotard, whose pastels, when they’re good, are very extraordinary.
also by Glasstire
- New Director to take on OCMA - May 22nd, 2014
- Broad Primes the Pump with Famous Artist Talks - May 8th, 2014
- Al's Grand Hotel Returns to Frieze - May 6th, 2014
- Resurrecting the Native Flora of LA - April 21st, 2014
- Gavlak Going Hollywood - April 17th, 2014