It may be premature to call Mid-City a new art destination, but the September arrival of the new David Kordansky space (joining existing S. La Brea gallery Kayne Griffin Corcoran) will make it a little more official.
Kordansky is moving on up: the new 20,000 square foot space will triple the gallery’s current footprint. The architecture firm wHY has been seleted to build out the new space, always an indicator that grandeur is the goal (although let’s hope Kordansky doesn’t go the way of previous wHY clients Perry Rubenstein and L&M Arts). Kordansky’s current location, at 3143 S. La Cienega Blvd, has never been very easy to get to and never felt like part of the Culver City row, so the new digs should be a big improvement. Catch the last show in the current space, new works by Mary Weatherford, running May 19 -31.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5: April 1, 2015 - April 1st, 2015
- Top 5: March 25, 2015 - March 25th, 2015
- Top 5: March 18, 2015 - March 18th, 2015
- Top 5: October 31, 2014 - October 31st, 2014
- Top 5: Oct. 16, 2014 - October 1st, 2014