It may be premature to call Mid-City a new art destination, but the September arrival of the new David Kordansky space (joining existing S. La Brea gallery Kayne Griffin Corcoran) will make it a little more official.
Kordansky is moving on up: the new 20,000 square foot space will triple the gallery’s current footprint. The architecture firm wHY has been seleted to build out the new space, always an indicator that grandeur is the goal (although let’s hope Kordansky doesn’t go the way of previous wHY clients Perry Rubenstein and L&M Arts). Kordansky’s current location, at 3143 S. La Cienega Blvd, has never been very easy to get to and never felt like part of the Culver City row, so the new digs should be a big improvement. Catch the last show in the current space, new works by Mary Weatherford, running May 19 -31.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5: Oct. 16, 2014 - October 16th, 2014
- Top 5: Oct. 9, 2014 - September 9th, 2014
- New Director to take on OCMA - May 22nd, 2014
- Broad Primes the Pump with Famous Artist Talks - May 8th, 2014
- Al's Grand Hotel Returns to Frieze - May 6th, 2014