As reported in the Santa Monica Daily Press, the plans for an overhaul of Santa Monica’s Bergamot Station have finally been unveiled. The gallery complex has gotten pretty snoozy (save for a handful of the better galleries there) since arguably being the heart of the LA gallery scene in the 90s. But crafty developers, perhaps responding to the nearby Hines mega-project Bergamot Transit Village, want to fluff the old Station with a “swanky” hotel, office space, and perhaps most importantly, a new 4-storey home for the Santa Monica Museum of Art.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5: Oct. 16, 2014 - October 16th, 2014
- Top 5: Oct. 9, 2014 - September 9th, 2014
- New Director to take on OCMA - May 22nd, 2014
- Broad Primes the Pump with Famous Artist Talks - May 8th, 2014
- Al's Grand Hotel Returns to Frieze - May 6th, 2014