San Diego artist and longtime UCSD professor Ernest Silva died suddenly last week at the age of 65. In a tribute posted to culturebuzz, Robert Pincus remembers Silva’s illustrative painting style that explored a dark side of suburban life. As a longtime supporter of the San Diego art scene, Silva’s influence was perhaps most felt through his work as a teacher. Tributes from Silva’s former students have been piling up on his Facebook page, where his humor and generosity of spirit are celebrated. A memorial service will be held in the Atkinson Pavilion of the Faculty Club on the UCSD campus on Tuesday, March 4 at 4 p.m.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5 VIDEO: April 23, 2015 - April 23rd, 2015
- Top 5: April 1, 2015 - April 1st, 2015
- Top 5: March 25, 2015 - March 25th, 2015
- Top 5: March 18, 2015 - March 18th, 2015
- Top 5: October 31, 2014 - October 31st, 2014