While the legendary smog in Los Angeles is reportedly on the decline, it’s still a problem elsewhere in the state: witness Bakersfield, where the air quality is reportedly the worst in the nation (which has some stiff competition). In a new photo essay on Art F City, Bakersfield-based artist Jesse Sugarmann records the “form and beauty” of the city’s persistent haze.
also by Glasstire
- New Director to take on OCMA - May 22nd, 2014
- Broad Primes the Pump with Famous Artist Talks - May 8th, 2014
- Al's Grand Hotel Returns to Frieze - May 6th, 2014
- Check Out This Liotard - April 23rd, 2014
- Resurrecting the Native Flora of LA - April 21st, 2014