Responding to the urgent national cries for a statue commemorating Ronald Reagan as a hot young lifeguard, the town of Dixon, IL is commissioning a life-sized bronze of the former movie star and President to complement the other two statues the town already has, reports the LA Times. If only the statue would be like one of artist Omri Amrani’s sports figures in motion — maybe of Reagan jogging along the edge of the lake, Baywatch-style?
Rest easy, America: your nagging itch is about to be scratched, handsomely!
also by Glasstire
- New Director to take on OCMA - May 22nd, 2014
- Broad Primes the Pump with Famous Artist Talks - May 8th, 2014
- Al's Grand Hotel Returns to Frieze - May 6th, 2014
- Check Out This Liotard - April 23rd, 2014
- Resurrecting the Native Flora of LA - April 21st, 2014