Responding to the urgent national cries for a statue commemorating Ronald Reagan as a hot young lifeguard, the town of Dixon, IL is commissioning a life-sized bronze of the former movie star and President to complement the other two statues the town already has, reports the LA Times. If only the statue would be like one of artist Omri Amrani’s sports figures in motion — maybe of Reagan jogging along the edge of the lake, Baywatch-style?
Rest easy, America: your nagging itch is about to be scratched, handsomely!
also by Glasstire
- Get unexcited at LACMA's "The Least Important Things" - March 13th, 2014
- Gunshots! Gore! Gams! Rare photos from the LAPD archive to debut at Paris Photo LA - March 12th, 2014
- You know it's bad when Chris Burden thinks driving in LA is stressful - March 11th, 2014
- Bergamot Station to Become Relavent Again, Maybe - March 5th, 2014
- Ernest Silva, 1948 - 2014 - March 2nd, 2014