Responding to the urgent national cries for a statue commemorating Ronald Reagan as a hot young lifeguard, the town of Dixon, IL is commissioning a life-sized bronze of the former movie star and President to complement the other two statues the town already has, reports the LA Times. If only the statue would be like one of artist Omri Amrani’s sports figures in motion — maybe of Reagan jogging along the edge of the lake, Baywatch-style?
Rest easy, America: your nagging itch is about to be scratched, handsomely!
also by Glasstire
- Gavlak Going Hollywood - April 17th, 2014
- Mid-City Just Got a Little Artier - April 15th, 2014
- SoCal Does the Dallas Art Fair - April 9th, 2014
- Baldessari's Camel is Awesome - April 7th, 2014
- Southern CA Artists Invade El Paso, Part 2 - April 4th, 2014