Leonard Knight, creator of the legendary folk art environment Salvation Mountain near the Salton Sea, died yesterday at the age of 82. As reported by the Imperial Valley Press, some of the Korean War veteran’s ashes will be interred at the Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in Point Loma. The rest will be scattered at Knight’s magnum opus, a remarkable, brightly painted hill that proclaims “God is Love” and that was featured in the 2011 film Into the Wild.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5 Video: May 22, 2015 - May 22nd, 2015
- Top 5 VIDEO: May 7, 2015 - May 7th, 2015
- Top 5 VIDEO: April 23, 2015 - April 23rd, 2015
- Top 5: April 1, 2015 - April 1st, 2015
- Top 5: March 25, 2015 - March 25th, 2015