The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles’ Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art
Perhaps forming the Los Angeles County Museum of Contemporary Art, LACMOCA, and saving two letters!? Talk about merging the two institutions has bobbed to the surface before, most recently in 2008, just before MOCA was rescued by billionaire Eli broad, but this time the idea was initiated by the MOCA board itself. LACMA director Michael Govan outlined the proposed merger in a letter to the MOCA board, describing a deal that would keep the MOCA’s current locations and name, but tie the two institutions together financially.
also by Bill Davenport
- Artadia Wants You! Deadline for First Round of LA Grants September 30 - September 28th, 2013
- From Curator/Scholar to L.A. Gallerist: Paul Schimmel to Join Hauser & Wirth - May 24th, 2013
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- Dance Into The New Year with Artpix - January 8th, 2013
- RIPNEKST: Ex-Houston Graffiti Writer NEKST Has Died - December 29th, 2012