According to the LA Times, prominent Los Angeles Gallery owner Margo Leavin has announced plans to close her gallery, citing a move on the part of art collectors away from the gallery show experience to alternative art spaces and the Internet. “People are approaching art differently today. They’re not seeking out the thoughtful, complete statement that artists make when they create gallery exhibitions,” said Brandow. “The exhibitions have been such an important part of what we do, and they are no longer valued as much by the public”, she said.
also by Bill Davenport
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013
- Dance Into The New Year with Artpix - January 8th, 2013
- RIPNEKST: Ex-Houston Graffiti Writer NEKST Has Died - December 29th, 2012
- Layer-Cake City: New Roman Excavation Finished, Subway, Under Art Center, Under Traffic Circle - December 27th, 2012