Blogger Robert Boyd recaps the furor surrounding LA MOCA’s firing of curator Paul Schimmel, putting it in historical context- “Didn’t Nelson Rockefeller and Stephen Clark fire founding MoMA director Alfred Barr in 1943?” It’s not the meddling that’s new, he says, it’s the “massive rise in the number of super-wealthy individuals” who feel entitled to engage in it.
also by Bill Davenport
- Machine Project teams up with UTEP in El Paso's new Cuadro - November 10th, 2014
- Artadia Wants You! Deadline for First Round of LA Grants September 30 - September 28th, 2013
- From Curator/Scholar to L.A. Gallerist: Paul Schimmel to Join Hauser & Wirth - May 24th, 2013
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013