Blogger Robert Boyd recaps the furor surrounding LA MOCA’s firing of curator Paul Schimmel, putting it in historical context- “Didn’t Nelson Rockefeller and Stephen Clark fire founding MoMA director Alfred Barr in 1943?” It’s not the meddling that’s new, he says, it’s the “massive rise in the number of super-wealthy individuals” who feel entitled to engage in it.
also by Bill Davenport
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013
- Dance Into The New Year with Artpix - January 8th, 2013
- RIPNEKST: Ex-Houston Graffiti Writer NEKST Has Died - December 29th, 2012
- Layer-Cake City: New Roman Excavation Finished, Subway, Under Art Center, Under Traffic Circle - December 27th, 2012