Paul Schimmel, highly respected chief curator at the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art for 22 years, was fired by the museum’s board, over disagreements about the museum’s direction. Billionaire philanthropist, and virtual museum-owner Eli Broad delivered the chop Wednesday, much to the dismay of the artworld.
also by Bill Davenport
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013
- Dance Into The New Year with Artpix - January 8th, 2013
- RIPNEKST: Ex-Houston Graffiti Writer NEKST Has Died - December 29th, 2012
- Layer-Cake City: New Roman Excavation Finished, Subway, Under Art Center, Under Traffic Circle - December 27th, 2012