Paul Schimmel, highly respected chief curator at the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art for 22 years, was fired by the museum’s board, over disagreements about the museum’s direction. Billionaire philanthropist, and virtual museum-owner Eli Broad delivered the chop Wednesday, much to the dismay of the artworld.
also by Bill Davenport
- Machine Project teams up with UTEP in El Paso's new Cuadro - November 10th, 2014
- Artadia Wants You! Deadline for First Round of LA Grants September 30 - September 28th, 2013
- From Curator/Scholar to L.A. Gallerist: Paul Schimmel to Join Hauser & Wirth - May 24th, 2013
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013