Houston artist Emily Sloan is taking her Southern Naptist Convention on the road to Venice CA next weekend. Sloan, also noted for being the curator of The Kenmore, and “exhibition object” that encloses artistic expressions inside a working mini-fridge, held her original napping performance at the Houston Art League in 2010; the first Southern Naptist Convention was held at Houston’s 14 Pews last June, Sloan has been holding monthly napping-as-art events ever since.
“Southern California’s and specifically Venice’s abundance of muscle, sand, and proximity to water make it a perfect site for sharing healthful and relaxing blessed rest and immersion if needed,” according to Reverend Emily.
also by Bill Davenport
- Machine Project teams up with UTEP in El Paso's new Cuadro - November 10th, 2014
- Artadia Wants You! Deadline for First Round of LA Grants September 30 - September 28th, 2013
- From Curator/Scholar to L.A. Gallerist: Paul Schimmel to Join Hauser & Wirth - May 24th, 2013
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013