The Getty Research Institute will bring 45 scholars to Los Angeles as part of its annual Scholars Program this fall. Richard Tuttle will be the artist in residence from September 2012 through June 2013.
The current crop of visitors will use the Getty’s vast resources to focus on their researches loosely based on this year’s theme, “color”, working at both the Getty Center in Brentwood and the Getty Villa in Malibu. In addition to scholars working around the current theme, some will be engaged in research projects on classical and ancient Mediterranean art and archaeology, and other topics pertaining directly to the collections and programs of the Getty Villa.
Mixed into this basketful of scholars, there is one Artist in Residence, the renowned and ubiquitous Richard Tuttle, whose project is titled, with characteristic humorous obscurity, as “Researching Research.”
also by Bill Davenport
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013
- Dance Into The New Year with Artpix - January 8th, 2013
- RIPNEKST: Ex-Houston Graffiti Writer NEKST Has Died - December 29th, 2012
- Layer-Cake City: New Roman Excavation Finished, Subway, Under Art Center, Under Traffic Circle - December 27th, 2012