LACMA is one of the participating institutions in the Google Art Project, where you can fritter away hours zooming into hi-res images of 100 of their objects for super clarity, just like a conservator puttering around in storage. Don’t expect anything contemporary, though — the most recent artwork they’ve included is Thomas Eakins’ 1899 The Wrestlers.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Looking in the Mirror: Old Rock / New Art Affinities - April 30th, 2014
- Jeff Williams wins $30K AMOA-Arthouse Texas Prize - May 18th, 2012
- Preview LA's first biennial -- coming in June! - April 24th, 2012
- Arts for All leader Ayanna Hudson tapped to lead NEA Arts Education - April 13th, 2012
- Ken Price, 1935 - 2012 - February 24th, 2012