The LA Times‘ Deborah Vankin reports that the enormous rock for artist Michael Heizer ‘s “Levitated Mass” at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art has been levitated. Emmert Costruction has lifted the 340 ton rock onto a custom-built steel transportation frame that began crawling from Stove Valley quarry in Riverside County to downtown Los Angeles last night. It is scheduled to arrive on March 10.
also by Bill Davenport
- Machine Project teams up with UTEP in El Paso's new Cuadro - November 10th, 2014
- Artadia Wants You! Deadline for First Round of LA Grants September 30 - September 28th, 2013
- From Curator/Scholar to L.A. Gallerist: Paul Schimmel to Join Hauser & Wirth - May 24th, 2013
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013