The LA Times‘ Deborah Vankin reports that the enormous rock for artist Michael Heizer ‘s “Levitated Mass” at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art has been levitated. Emmert Costruction has lifted the 340 ton rock onto a custom-built steel transportation frame that began crawling from Stove Valley quarry in Riverside County to downtown Los Angeles last night. It is scheduled to arrive on March 10.
also by Bill Davenport
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013
- Dance Into The New Year with Artpix - January 8th, 2013
- RIPNEKST: Ex-Houston Graffiti Writer NEKST Has Died - December 29th, 2012
- Layer-Cake City: New Roman Excavation Finished, Subway, Under Art Center, Under Traffic Circle - December 27th, 2012