LA MOCA has announced it will will begin its own YouTube channel in July, featuring arts news, talk and original arts-related content to compete with niche cable-TV shows about sports, criminals and vulgarity. In the works is a street-art documentary series, a talking heads art news bulletin, a reality-style artists-live-in-squalor program, and art comedy. The museum’s always showy director, Jeffrey Deitch, will finally achieve the status of TV executive.
also by Bill Davenport
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013
- Dance Into The New Year with Artpix - January 8th, 2013
- RIPNEKST: Ex-Houston Graffiti Writer NEKST Has Died - December 29th, 2012
- Layer-Cake City: New Roman Excavation Finished, Subway, Under Art Center, Under Traffic Circle - December 27th, 2012