LA MOCA has announced it will will begin its own YouTube channel in July, featuring arts news, talk and original arts-related content to compete with niche cable-TV shows about sports, criminals and vulgarity. In the works is a street-art documentary series, a talking heads art news bulletin, a reality-style artists-live-in-squalor program, and art comedy. The museum’s always showy director, Jeffrey Deitch, will finally achieve the status of TV executive.
also by Bill Davenport
- Machine Project teams up with UTEP in El Paso's new Cuadro - November 10th, 2014
- Artadia Wants You! Deadline for First Round of LA Grants September 30 - September 28th, 2013
- From Curator/Scholar to L.A. Gallerist: Paul Schimmel to Join Hauser & Wirth - May 24th, 2013
- YouTube Introduces PayTube: Subscription Channels Get Test Run - May 10th, 2013
- The Los Ageles County Museum of Art Bids to Take Over Los Angeles' Imploding Museum of Contemprary Art - March 8th, 2013